Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I am going through the plan check process and I have been asked to fill out a Highway Referral Form 48-0040-DPW. What is it, who does it go to, and where do I get or download it?

As part of your building improvement for a single lot, certain street improvements such as AC pavement, sidewalk, street lights, etc., are required to be built prior to occupancy permit issuance.

The Highway Referral form is available at any of our Building and Safety permit offices or through our Land Development Division. Please contact Land Development Division (R3-Highway Referral) at 626-458-4915 to have the form fax to you. A copy of the proposed plot plan will be required with your highway referral application. Your permit will be reviewed and someone will inform you if there are any street improvements required for your project.

Highway Referral Form 48-0040-DPW R3 R-3 right of way LDD regional planning subdivision land development tentative map parcel tract lot split clearance bond drainage concept bulk grading private drain transfer sewer area study LID improvement future surface mining