Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How can I get a permit to remove an OAK TREE in my front yard which has it's root cracking my front yard and possibly damaging base of my house.

Thank you for contacting the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Works. In order to make any changes to Oak trees, it is necessary to first obtain approval from the County of Los Angeles Department of Regional Planning. They can be reached at the link below, or at 213-974-6411.

  LA County Department of Regional Planning
Oak Tree permit trim BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy EDAPTS pools garages remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check grading