Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Where can I take paint for recycling in LA County?

Thank you for using our website.

The County of L.A. conducts weekly household hazardous waste (HHW)/electronic waste (E-Waste) collection events throughout the County that residents may utilize to dispose of leftover paint. The events are free to county residents and most are from 9 am-3 pm, unless otherwise noted. For further details, please call the County of L.A. at 1(888)CLEAN LA or visit the link below.

In addition, the County has a permanent center in the Antelope Valley (Palmdale) and has also partnered with the City of Los Angeles to allow all residents of Los Angeles County to drop off HHW/E-Waste at the City's 6 permanent HHW/E-Waste Collection Centers in the communities of San Pedro, East Los Angeles, West Los Angeles, Playa del Rey, Los Angeles/Glendale, and Sun Valley. Disposal is free to residents and the hours of operation vary. Please click on the link below or call 1 (800)98 TOXIC for details on the permanent centers.

You may sign up for our Electronic Notification (E-Notify) System to be notified as events become scheduled in or near your area. Please, visit the E-Notify link provided below and follow the instructions given to sign up for this service.

  County of LA HHW/Ewaste

  County of LA E-notify System

  City of L.A. SAFE Centers

  Antelope Valley Environmental Collection Center