Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I would like to know whether there are plans to build a freeway noise wall along the 170 freeway.

Freeways in Los Angeles County are under the jurisdiction of the State of California Department of Transportation (Caltrans). General inquiries regarding freeway concerns should be directed to Caltrans at (213) 897-3656.

Construction of soundwalls along Los Angeles County freeways is coordinated by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA). For questions regarding proposed freeway soundwalls, please contact the MTA at (213) 922-3014.

soundwalls, freeways PDD Programs coordinating administering transit buses shuttles paratransit bike trail bicycle bicyclist cyclist