Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How do I report a violation (construction without a permit)?

You may report a suspected violation in the unincorporated county areas by going to our Report a Violation page or by contacting the local Building and Safety district office. For suspected violations in an incorporated city, please contact the city directly. To determine which district office or city serves you, please refer to our Service Locator.

  Report a Violation

  Service Locator
Violation BSFAQTT BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy EDAPTS pools garages remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check grading