Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

We submitted a tentative tract map to the City of Los Angeles Building and Zoning agency but were told we first have to obtain a property Tract number from you. Which office do we go to and what are the requirements to obtain such a number?

The County of Los Angeles issues TRACT (5 or more lots) and PARCEL (4 or less parcels) map numbers for new subdivision within the county. The Cities may also require the developer to obtain these numbers from the county.

The engineer, surveyor, or owner of the property may request the Tract or Parcel Map Number Application from Land Development Division at (626) 458-4930.

tract parcel map number land development LDD regional planning subdivision land development tentative map parcel tract lot split clearance bond drainage concept bulk grading private drain transfer sewer area study LID improvement future surface mining