Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Can I get an excavation permit to connect my house water line to the main line?

We issue excavation permits for mainlines and laterals. A lateral is classified as a utility that is less than twenty feet in length. You can apply for this permit at the permit office nearest the proposed excavation. If the length of the utility is greater than 20 feet, you may need to submit your application and drawings to our Permit Office located on the 8th floor of our Headquarters building. Five sets are drawings must be submitted with your application.

  Construction Permit Offices

  Applications, Forms and Useful Links