Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I'm a developer providing a joint utility trench for the utility companies. Do I need a permit?

The developer is responsible for obtaining the Road Construction Permit and Road Excavation Permit for new developments. The Excavation Permit for the joint trench is initiated by the developer when they bring in five sets of plans for the electrical power lines from SCE. Each Utility company who will also occupy the trench must then submit five sets of plans along with a permit application. Each utility company will be charged the Issuance Fee for the issuance of the permit for their own line. The developer typically pays the issuance fee for SCE. The Road Permit Application form is used for both types of permits.

  Permit Forms