Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I have a storm drain easement running through my property and I would like to build over it. What are the requirements for building over the storm drain?

A permit is required to build over an existing storm drain or within a flood control easement. A permit application must be submitted to our main permit office with four sets of plans and two sets of structural calculations indicating that the proposed improvements would not detrimentally affect the storm drain system nor its maintenance. The permit application and Guidelines for Overbuilding and Air Rights are available on our web site. Submit the application to our main permit office located on the 8th floor of our headquarters building at 900 South Fremont Avenue in the City of Alhambra.

  Applications, Forms and useful links