Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

As a developer, how would I obtain the necessary permits for the construction of roads, sewers, storm drains, and utilities for a new development.

Once the engineering plans for each item have been approved by our Land Development Division (i.e. sewer, storm drain, and street), you may obtain individual permits for the construction of each. Certificates of insurance indicating Liability and Workers Compensation coverage including an additional insured endorsement naming the County of Los Angeles as additional insured must be submitted with the permit applications. A CAL-OSHA annual excavation permit is required for utility installations.

  Simple Permits