Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

My land is in flood zone A ,what does it mean?

Flood Zone A is a special flood hazard area designation by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Zone A areas have a 1 percent annual chance of flooding. This flood is also called the 100-year flood. Property owners with structures in Flood Zone A, which have a federally backed mortgage are required to obtain flood insurance. If your property is within a County unincorporated area, and you need further information, please contact Mr. Eduardo Escobar at (626) 458-4321 or for more information go to . If your property is located within an incorporated city, please contact the respective City Department.

  National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)