Home-generated sharps waste is hypodermic needles, pen needles, intravenous needles, lancets, and other devices that are
used to penetrate the skin for the delivery of medications derived from a household including a multi-family residence or household.
- Sharps waste should be placed in a State approved container. Check availability at designated distribution sites listed below.
- Another alternative is to place your sharps waste in a container that does not leak, break, or puncture. It must be taped, sealed, and labeled "SHARPS."
- When your sharps container is about 3/4 full, seal it securely.
- Keep your sharps containers out of reach of children and pets.
- Take your filled sharps containers to a designated collection site.
- Do not flush your sharps waste or medications down the toilet or drain.
- Do not place your sharps waste in the trash, green waste, or recycling bin.
- Do not put needles into used plastic milk jugs, bleach bottles, or soda bottles.
|Distribution Sites Only
Pick up your FREE sharps container at any of the following distribution sites.
(Containers are limited to one per person per visit, while supplies last.)
|City of Burbank Recycling Center
500 S. Flower St., Burbank, 91502
|City of Sierra Madre|
Sierra Madre Senior Center, 222 W. Sierra Madre Blvd., Sierra Madre, 91024
|City of Hawthorne
Hawthorne City Hall, 4455 W. 126th St., 2nd Floor(Engineering Counter), Hawthorne, 90250
|City of Torrance|
Health Care Partners Medical Group, 3565 Del Amo Blvd., Torrance, 90503 (310) 793-4647 Hours: Monday to Friday - 8am to 5pm
|City of Lakewood
Lakewood City Hall, 5050 Clark Ave., Lakewood, 90712
|City of El Segundo|
City of El Segundo, Public Works Department, 350 W. Main St., El Segundo, 90245
|City of Monrovia
City of Monrovia Public Works, 600 S. Mountain Ave., Monrovia, 91016
Monrovia City Hall, 415 S. Ivy Ave., Monrovia, 91016
|City of West Covina|
Senior Citizens Center, 2501 E. Cortez Ave., West Covina 91791
City Maintenance Office, 825 S. Sunset Ave., West Covina 91793
|City of Norwalk
Social Services Center, 11929 Alondra Blvd., Norwalk, 90650, (562) 929-5544, Hours: Monday to Friday - 8am to 5pm
Norwalk Senior Center, 14040 San Antonio Dr., Norwalk, 90650, Hours: Monday to Friday - 8am to 5pm
|Hubert Humphrey Health Center|
Room 1079-Diabetes Clinic, 5850 S. Main St., Los Angeles, 90003
|City of Redondo Beach
City of Redondo Beach Public Works, 531 N. Gertruda Ave., Redondo Beach, 90277
|Los Angeles County Public Works
900 S. Fremont Ave., Annex Building - 3rd Floor, Alhambra, 91803 (Closed on Fridays)
Individuals requiring reasonable
accessibility accommodations may request written materials in alternate formats, physical accessibility accommodations, sign language interpreters or other reasonable accommodations by contacting our departmental Americans with
Disabilities Act Coordinator at (626) 458-4081, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday (excluding holidays). Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may make contact by first dialing
the California Relay Service at 7-1-1. Requests should be made at least one week in advance to ensure availability. When making a reasonable accommodation request, please reference Environmental
The County offers a mail-back Sharps Waste disposal program that is limited to ONLY elderly and disabled residents. To request a mail-back container, please call our hotline at 1(888) CLEAN LA.