Multi-family properties are residential dwellings of three units or more. Get involved and show your commitment to your community and the environment by implementing sustainable practices at your property.
Educate your residents and get their involvement and together, you can:
- Help create a healthy environment for your community and future generations
- Save your property money
- Reduce clutter and food waste
- Protect the environment by conserving natural resources
- Comply with Mandatory State laws
Mandatory State Regulations for Multi-Family Residences
Multi-family properties of five units or more are considered businesses and are subject to these two laws:
As of January 1, 2022,
SB 1383 requires all organic waste generators (businesses, institutions, multifamily residents, and single-family residents) to recycle their organic waste to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
As of July 1, 2012, the State's AB 341 requires all businesses that generate 4 cubic yards or more of solid waste per week to arrange for recycling services.
For more information, please visit the California Resources, Recycling, and Recovery website: CalRecycle.ca.gov
Click on the links below to learn how your multi-family property can start saving money and the environment today.
- Hauler Services Learn about what services are available to you as a business operating in the Los Angeles County unincorporated areas.
- County Programs Find out what recycling programs the County offers multi-family properties that can help yours achieve greater sustainability.
- Recycling Resources Find a list of Organic, Recycling, and Educational resources that can help you comply with Mandatory State Regulations.
- Request a Consultation Submit a request for an on-site consultation to learn how you can enhance your business' recycling practices.